1) Obama's first internet conversation regarding his candidacy as president was at Coe College. The senator from Illinois teamed up with the duo of MTV and Myspace to create the Presidential Dialogue at Coe College that took place on Monday, October 29 2007.
2) The name Coe College stands for 'co-education.' In 1851, when one of the major donors to the college decided to give money, he stipulated that women also be allowed to get an education.
3) Crazy, domesticated squirrels. They chill on campus like they pay tuition. One guy said he walked up and pet one before.
4) FLUNK DAY!!! No one knows when it's going to happens, but one morning students get awakened to RAs yelling "Flunk Day!" On this day, the administration cancels all classes (no matter what's going on that day, test or not), and they bring in carnival rides & activities for the entire school to enjoy. Being that this is a wet campus, there's a specific alcohol fund for this day. The professors plan for it. "I know you have a mid-term due tomorrow, but in case of Flunk Day..." Freakin awesome!
5) I had the most welcoming host student, Deidre Gomm. She was such a sweety, and she stayed with me the entire time, even as we drove through the blackout that shut the lights off half the town.